Obtaining a Visa in your Home Country
All foreign nationals arriving in India are required to hold a valid international travel document i.e. a national passport with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad. It is compulsory that within 14 days of the student’s arrival in India they register themselves with the concerned District Foreigners Registration Officer / Foreigners Regional Registration Officers.
In order to get information on visa application, filling the form, scheduling an appointment and other visa related information click on the link: http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/
The ‘Online Application Form’ is available at: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/indianVisaReg.jsp
All instructions for filling the form and scheduling the appointment can be obtained from Instructions for Online Visa Application link. It is most important to check important technical information for filling online Indian visa application at Technical Instructions.
Documents required for getting the VISA from the Indian Embassy are:
- Valid Passport
- Print out of the ‘Online Application Form’
- Admission letter from Modi Academic International Institute Stratford University after the submission of Registration Amount
- Payment Receipt of the Registration Amount
- Attested Educational Transcripts (attested by particular country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Bank Statement with the proof of sponsor
- 4 passport size photographs
As per the documentation submitted to the Indian Embassy, visa will be issued to the student by the Indian Embassy of your country maximum by 10-15 days.
The status of Visa Application post the visa interview can be seen on the following link: http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/VisaEnquiry.jsp
Maintaining Visa / Foreigner’s Residence Registration Office (FRRO)
On arrival in India for education, all the international students are required to through the mandatory process of FRRO registration. The Foreigner Registration Office is the prime agency which controls the registration, movement, stay, departure, and extension of stay in India also for all the international students.
Steps for the FRRO Registration are:
- Online Application form to be generated by the student through the link: http://indianfrro.gov.in/frro/menufrro.jsp
- The Online Registration option from the main menu should be chosen by the applicant. Once the option is selected, the online application form will be displayed automatically
- Before visiting the FRRO the online registration form is required to be filled by the applicant and schedule his/ her appointment in the FRRO
- Once the application form is filled and submitted, the system will generate a unique Registration number
- The applicant is advised to keep the Registration number. This number can be used for any further changes in the details submitted online and during his/her visit at the FRRO